Welcome to the Personal
If you selected your state on the map but landed here, don’t worry you’re in the right place! Your state is not currently offering its own competition. Please proceed to register on this page.
Thanks to the Voya Foundation, you can compete in the Personal Finance Challenge Wild Card Competition.
You're Invited! Join the 2024 Personal Finance
Challenge Wild Card Competition!
Team registration runs from January 1 to April 24, 2024.
The Wild Card Competition is an online exam that will determine the top-scoring team who will advance to the in person National Personal Finance Challenge which will be held in Cleveland, Ohio.
Teams of three-to-four high school students have a three (3) hour window to complete the exam, during which time each individual team member will have up to 35 minutes to complete a test covering six National Standards for Financial Literacy (earning income, buying goods and services, saving, using credit, financial investing, and protecting and insuring).
Are you ready to register your student teams?
Simply click here: TEACHER REGISTRATION to begin creating your student teams.
- The competition is FREE for all teachers/coaches and their students to participate.
- There is no limit to the number of teams that can register, so this makes a great class activity.
The Challenge Timeline:
- Wild Card Competition Registration Period: January 1 to April 24, 2024
- Wild Card Competition Exam Period: March 27 to 6 PM Eastern Time on April 26, 2024
- Advancing Teams Notified: May 1, 2024
- In-Person National Finals: May 19-20, 2024
- Teams at the National Finals will compete for cash prizes in the following amounts for each team member plus one teacher-coach: 1st place: $2,000 | 2nd place: $1,000 | 3rd place: $500 | 4th place: $250
- The top-scoring team from each state along with the top-scoring Wildcard Division team will advance to the in-person National Finals taking place from May 19-20, 2024 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- The Finals will be held at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Teams will be notified via email if they are advancing to the Finals.
- The Council for Economic Education will only be responsible for covering the cost of lodging and group meals for the National Finals teams (team members and one team coach).
- Transportation to and from the in-person National Finals located in Cleveland, Ohio will be at the expense of the teams.
The National Personal Finance Challenge is a program of the Council for Economic Education (CEE).