Oklahoma Personal Finance Challenge Rules
The Oklahoma Council on Economic Education can not be held responsible for students or teams that can not complete the online assessment due to a computer/device problem. The online assessment can NOT be reset due to computer/device errors.
- 3-4 students per team.
- All team members must be from the same school.
- Teams must be sponsored by a teacher from its school.
- Each team member is to complete the Challenge as an individual; students do NOT work as a group.
- Teams have a total of 3 hours to complete the Challenge. Time begins when the first member of that team logs in.
- There are 2 divisions:
- High School Division - This division is for all high school students.
- Middle School Division - This division is for all middle school students and is not eligible to continue onto the National Personal Finance Challenge. Middle school students will answer questions from the national middle school database.
- Teachers may sponsor more than one team from their school.
- Teachers will receive unique access codes for each registered student which you will provide to the students at the appropriate time.
- Access codes can only be used one time - at the time of completing the Challenge.
- Teachers, certified staff members or any other adult may NOT help the students by guiding them or re-phrasing a question. Once the online assessment begins there should be no assistance given to the students.
- Students will complete the Challenge individually; students should NOT work as a group.
- Students have a total of 35 minutes to complete the Challenge.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a public or private Oklahoma middle or high school.
- Students may participate each year that they are attending middle school and high school.
- Students may NOT utilize any outside materials or testing aids (i.e. calculators, phones, laptops, other computers, etc) during the Challenge.
- Students are allowed a pencil and scratch paper during the Challenge.
- Students are awarded 10 points for each correct answer. The highest individual score possible is 300 while the highest team score possible is 900.
- The sum of the top 3 highest scoring individuals on the team make up the team score. If the team consists of 4 students, the lowest score will not be counted.
- Tie Breaker - In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be the fastest combined time of the 3 members whose score is used for the team score.
- OCEE staff will serve as the Rules Committee for the State Challenge.
- The Rules Committee is responsible for rules compliance for the Challenge.
- All decisions of the Rules Committee are final.
- The winning team of high school students from the State Challenge will be recognized as the Oklahoma Personal Finance Challenge Champion and will represent Oklahoma in the National Personal Finance Challenge.
- If within 7 days of being named the State Champion the winning team finds they cannot attend the National Personal Finance Challenge, the second place team will be offered the chance to participate in the National Challenge.