- Register as a teacher.
- Once you have registered as a teacher, you can begin to create student teams of three to four students per team.
- After creating your teams, you can download unique access codes for each student. Distribute these access codes to your students when they are ready to take the Challenge.
- Once competition begins, March 11 - April 11, 2019, select a day and time block for your students to take the online test. Scheduling of the online testing is done at each teacher’s own discretion with the teacher acting as the proctor.
- Registered students can enter the Finance Challenge ONLINE website and complete a 30-question, rapid-fire exam consisting of categories on Earning Income, Buying Goods and Services, Saving, Using Credit, Financial Investing, and Protecting and Insuring. Each student will be given 35 minutes.
- Each student is to complete the challenge as an individual; students do not work as a group. Students may not utilize any outside materials or testing aids (i.e. calculators) during their challenge session. The teacher/advisor is not to help the students by guiding them or re-phrasing a question.
- Winners will be notified once the Challenge window has closed. Participating teachers will receive a team ranking notification via email for each team completing the exam.
Students must be enrolled in high school courses for the 2018-2019 academic school year to participate in the high school competition (grades 9-12).
The sum of the top three individual scores on each team make up the team score. The highest individual score possible is 300. The highest team score possible is 900.
Scoring on individual tests are as follows:
- +10 points for each correct answer
- 0 points for each incorrect answer
- 0 points for each unanswered question
After students have tested teachers may log back in to obtain individual student scores and team scores.