- Register as a teacher. Click here to register!
- Once you have registered as a teacher, you can begin to create student teams of three to four students per team. Select the appropriate division - high school.
- After creating your teams, you can download unique access codes for each student. Distribute these access codes to your students when they are ready to take the Challenge.
- Once competition begins, (Jan. 22nd - Mar. 1st) Select a day and time block for your students to take the online test. Scheduling of the online testing is done at each teacher’s own discretion with the teacher acting as the proctor. No notes, books or calculators are allowed during the test. Students are prohibited from working collaboratively on the quiz.
- Registered students can enter the Finance Challenge ONLINE website and complete a 30-question, rapid-fire exam consisting of categories on Income and Money Management, Spending and Credit, and Saving and Investing. Each student will be given 30 minutes but all team members must complete the exam within 3 hours.
- Each student is to complete the challenge as an individual; students do not work as a group. Students may not utilize any outside materials or testing aids during their challenge session. The adviser is not to help the students by guiding them or re-phrasing a question.
- Winners will be notified once the Online Challenge window has closed. Participating teachers will receive a team ranking notification via email for each team completing the exam.
- Students must be enrolled in high school courses for the 2018-2019 academic school year to participate in the high school competition (grades 9-12).
- Students must be enrolled in middle school courses for the 2018-2019 academic school year to participate in the middle school competition (grades 6-8).
The sum of the three individual scores on each team make up the team score. Scoring on individual tests are as follows:
- +10 points for each correct answer
- 0 points for each incorrect answer
- 0 points for each unanswered question
Click here for full rules and guidelines.