The Challenge is about to begin!
Join hundreds of high school students across the state as they make money moves!
National Personal Finance Challenge Timeline:
- January 17 - Registration Opens: Teachers can sign up for the competition and register their students in teams to compete in the competition.
- March 21 - April 8: Let the Games Begin! Student teams participate in the online preliminary test to qualify to advance to the state finals.
- April 12: Top scoring teams for the online preliminary are announced on CCEE website and notified by email.
April 29 - State Finals The top scoring teams from the online preliminary compete for the State Championship!
- May 25 - National Semi-Finals: State finalists advance to vie for a spot in the National Finals!
- June 6 - National Competition: Finalist teams compete for the title of National Champions!
California State Finalists in National Personal Finance Challenge will win cash prices accordingly:
- First place team: $300 per team member
- Second place team: $200 per team member
- Third place team: $100 per team member
The student team who moves on to the National Personal Finance Challenge finals will have the opportunity to win:
- First place: $2000 for each team member, Banner
- Second place: $1000 for each team member, Banner
- Third place: $500 for each team member, Banner
The National Personal Finance Challenge is embracing a new format for the competition. For the second year in a row, teams at the finals will be assigned a case study for which they need to apply their financial knowledge to developing a plan for their case study and then presenting it at the event.