Welcome to the California FinanceChallenge ONLINE!
What is the National Personal Finance Challenge?
The National Personal Finance Challenge is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their knowledge of personal finance by connecting with other students from across the state in an online competition.
The top scoring teams are invited to the state championships on April 29th, for a live, virtual competition with student teams from across the state. State finalist competitors will be assigned a fictional case-study with time to prepare a presentation sharing their recommendations for the fictional client before a panel of judges including economists, business leaders and financial professionals.
Research has shown that student clubs and competitions increase student participation, promote attendance, and help students achieve higher grades and standardized test scores.
There is no financial cost to either teachers or students to participate in the National Personal Finance Challenge!
How does the Challenge work?
- Teachers register
- Teachers sign up their team(s)
- Teams take the online exams
- Top scoring teams advance to the state competition which will be held virtually, in real time, to determine the California champion
- The winner of the state contest will represent California in the National Semi-Finals and potentially National Finals.
Review of dates
- January 17 - Registration Opens: Teachers can sign up for the competition and register their students in teams to compete in the competition.
- March 21 - April 8: Let the Games Begin! Student teams participate in the online preliminary test to qualify to advance to the state finals.
- April 12: Top scoring teams for the online preliminary are announced on CCEE website and notified by email.
April 29 - State Finals The top scoring teams from the online preliminary compete for the State Championship!
- May 25 - National Semi-Finals: State finalists advance to vie for a spot in the National Finals!
- June 6 - National Competition: Finalist teams compete for the title of National Champions!
Prizes for the State Competition Winners:
2021 prize amounts:
- First place- $300 per team member
- Second place - $200 per team member
- Third place - $100 per team member
Prizes for teachers: For each registered team that completes the challenge, you will be entered into a drawing for one $100 Gift Card.