Indiana Personal Finance Challenge
April 1 - April 12, 2019
Indiana Council for Economic Education
The 2019 Indiana Personal Finance Challenge is an online competition designed to encourage middle and high school students to study personal finance concepts including income, money management, spending, credit, saving and investing. A better understanding of these concepts helps students make sound money decisions and increases the likelihood that they’ll meet their financial goals as adults.
Any Indiana middle or high school student (including any home-based student) is eligible to participate in the Indiana Personal Finance Challenge. Participants compete for prizes and the divisional title of 2019 Indiana Personal Finance Challenge State Champions! State Champs will be recognized at an event following the competition. The winning high school team will be invited to travel to the University of Nebraska - Lincoln to represent Indiana in the National Personal Finance Challenge!
January 14, 2019 - Teacher/Coach/Team Registration Begins. No Registration Fee!
March 29, 2019 - Registration ENDS!
April 1 - 12, 2019 - Indiana Personal Finance Challenge!
Teams of middle and high school students from across the state participate in the online competition to see who will take home the title of State Champions in each division!
- 1st Place - Gift card for each divisional team member and teacher/coach
- 2nd - 5th Places - Gift card for each divisional team member and teacher/coach.
- T-shirts to the highest scoring team at each school
April 17, 2019 - Announcement of the State Champions!
May 2019 - The Indiana champions in both the middle school and high school divisions will be recognized at an event for their impressive wins!
May 9-10, 2019 - National Personal Finance Challenge (NPFC) in Lincoln, Nebraska! Teams will use their knowledge of personal finance to analyze a fictional family's financial situation and make recommendations to a panel of competition judges!
- IMPORTANT: For Indiana's winning high school team, the National Personal Finance Challenge sponsors will pay for hotel accommodations for 4 team members and one chaperone/teacher, along with dinner the evening before the national competition and breakfast and lunch the day of the national competition. Transportation to the national championship in Lincoln, Nebraska is the responsibilty of the winning team, school, or school district.
For more information about Nationals, view this video: https://youtu.be/I4537LDkd30
National Personal Finance Challenge Prizes for the top three teams:
- 1st Place: $2,000 for each team member, banner
- 2nd Place: $1,000 for each team member, banner
- 3rd Place: $500 for each team member, banner