1. Register as a teacher. Within 24 hours you will receive an email confirming your registration.
2. Once you have registered as a teacher, you can begin to create student teams of 3 to 4 students.
3. The 2021 Governor's Challenge - FinanceChallenge ONLINE begins on March 2nd and ends on March 20th at 3pm. Once the competition begins, students can enter the FinanceChallenge ONLINE website and complete a 30 question rapid-fire exam. Each student will be given 35 minutes to complete the exam. Teachers are responsible for monitoring students to prevent cheating.
4. Top scoring teams in each VDOE region will be recognized. Regions are based on the regional study groups set by the Virginia Department of Education.
5. Each correct answer is worth 10 points. The team's score is the sum of the top 3 students' scores.
6. State semi-finalists will be invited to compete in the Personal Finance Governor's Challenge Case Study. Those teams will be notified after the online exam is closed (after March 20th). The Case Study will be available on February 1, 2021, and the semi-finalist team must submit their study by April 29th at 3:00 pm ET.
7. The team with the highest score from the case study round will advance to the national semi-finals. In the event of a tie, the tiebreaker will be the team that used the least amount of time on the rapid fire online exam.
Students competing in the FinanceChallenge Online may also participate in the EconChallenge Online competition. Click HERE to go to the EconChallenge Online site.