WELCOME TO THE DELAWARE PERSONAL FINANCE CHALLENGE
State Finals - Winners statewide:
First Place $500 for each student + teacher!
Second Place $250 for each student + teacher!
The Personal Finance Challenge tests student knowledge on topics related to Earning Income & Protecting and Insuring, Using Credit & Buying Goods and Services, and Saving & Financial Investing. Every teacher in Delaware teaching a Personal Finance class (such as Keys To Financial Success) is invited to have student teams compete in the Finance Challenge ONLINE! Teachers can create as many student teams as they'd like, and the Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship will pay all registration and participation fees.
The Challenge dates:
- Now through March 1, 2021 - Click on Teacher Registration to register.
- March 1 - April 2, 2021 - Online Competition - teams log on at their own school.
- April 22, 2021 - State Finals at Executive Banquet and Conference Center in Newark, DE.
The top team from each teacher is invited to participate in the state finals.
Good luck to all student competitors. The FinanceChallenge ONLINE! is a great way to flex your financial literacy muscles and participate with students from across Delaware in an exciting and fun competition.
Contact us if you need information or assistance.
Below are great resources to help you get started:
- Take the online practice test by clicking the "PRACTICE" button to the left or https://financechallenge.unl.edu/Delaware/Practice
- The 2013 National Standards for Financial Literacy from the Council for Economic Education: http://councilforeconed.org/resource/national-standards-for-financial-literacy/
- Bank of America, in partnership with KHANACADEMY, has created an interactive online tool for learning about personal finance topics. Go to https://bettermoneyhabits.bankofamerica.com/en to find out more.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis has sample questions from which you can choose. A PDF version of a set of flashcards containing personal finance questions is available at: https://www.stlouisfed.org/~/media/Education/Lessons/pdf/printable-personal-financeflashcards.pdf
- The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis also has many videos on personal finance topics available for download at: https://www.stlouisfed.org/education/videos?utm_source=EEFacebook&utm_medium=SM&utm_campaign=EEFacebook
- The Econedlink Virtual Economics website allows you to access 51 economic and financial literacy concepts videos. Each video is between 2 and 5 minutes and has a 5 question quiz. To access the eight personal finance videos, click https://www.econedlink.org/resources/?type%5B%5D=12&subjects%5B%5D=13&view=grid.
- The Minnesota Council on Economic Education has Quiz Bowl sample questions and answers available at: https://www.mcee.umn.edu/sites/mcee.umn.edu/files/personal_finance_decathlon_quiz_bowl_sample_questions.pdf